I am going to try to make this as concise a walk through as I possibly can, but I am kind of ADD so let's get this started! lol!
Let's start from the top!
Ordered from Cosplay.com Shopping where they sell wigs and shoes. The wig is the Nicole model in the colors H24/613.
The material I used for the choker, corset, gauntlets, and belt is a pliable pleather material. I purchased at Joann's crafts store. I purchased between 2 1/2 and 3 yards of this fabric. As a side note: when working with pleather it is always best to fold over the edges and be careful with stitching and holes. Pleather like to rip through holes and make bigger holes and tear along lines that you have cut into the material, such as where I fed through the harness on Dante's jacket. But that is another blog that will come in a few days. On to Trish.
The choker is about 1/2 an inch in width with the edges folded under on all sides so as not to show any of the raw backing. It is simply sewn and Velcro added to close the choker. Easy!
Now it gets a bit more complicated. With a little help from another person, we wrapped the pleather around my forearms for a measurement. I then cut it out leaving a bit of extra material so that I could fold over the edges so that the raw backside wasn't showing. I folded along the top and bottom line first and then down the length where the zipper would go. I then hand sewed the zipper in and closed off the other end at the base of the zipper. Sounds like it would only take an hour but it ended up taking me probably 3 hours on each arm. Hand sewing zippers in sucks... Anyways, here are the pictures!
Okay... Now it gets just down right complicated lol! For the corset, since I couldn't find an exact pattern since there are no patterns with lightening bolts cut out of the chest of the corsets. I took a pattern, seen here:
I made the pattern in the corset labeled B, which in the picture is the silver and black one all the way to the right and the one the girl is wearing. So here we go. I made the corset out of cloth and out of pleather.
Then I took the cloth one and put it on. I drew out, with sharpie, about where the cuts would need to be made to fashion the corset into the way it was supposed to look.
I then cut the cloth corset where I had marked with the sharpie and hemmed the edges.
Once I had the cloth one cut out and hemmed I over laid it onto the pleather one and traced the cloth one onto the pleather, kind of like a custom pattern. Once I transferred the cloth pattern to the pleather, I cut the pleather one down to match the cloth one.
I started with the front of the corset first. I cut the whole piece in half creating the lightening bolt and sewed the bottom part back together. I then pieced it to the back. I would suggest lining the corset since most pleather material has a rough backing to it. I forgot to line it before I put it together so I had to pull the whole corset apart and line it and then put it back together. So I would do that before you even put the pieces of the corset together the first time.
This is the corset put together with the back and pinned to the bra that would eventually go into the corset.
Then I hemmed off the edges with additional pleather. This is a bit complicated to explain without being right there showing you. Basically I took a long strip of pleather sewed along the long side and then folded and sewed off one of the shorter ends. I then pinned it to the corset and sewed it onto the corset. Like this:
I did this along the bottom edge all the way around and along the top edge all the way around. The lightening bolt I hand sewed without this trim. I felt that the pleather was already stressed enough without putting more holes into it. I then put tulle into the lightening bolt (a suggestion from AllieCat! Thanks!) to keep the fabric from pulling away from my body. I then hand sewed the zipper into the corset. The zipper took a few hours but not too difficult.
As the final step in the corset, I tacked the bra in. I sewed across the top of the bra from the snap in the middle of the breasts (it's one of those bras that snaps in between the breasts and has a racer back) to where the straps of the bra were. I sewed the top of the back of the bra into the corset and then cut the straps out, which proved to be a bad idea. As a result I had to add loops through which I could hook a clear bra strap. I ran the clear bra strap around the back of my neck and covered it with my hair.
I was trying to make a pair of pleather pants to go with the cosplay but I did not get to finish them before AWA. The pants I did end up with are a pair of metallic stretch skinny pants. I can't call them jeans because they are not the jean material. They work very well in the pictures with the corset and accessories.
The belt is a regular belt I had laying around that I wrapped in black pleather. 2DLogic spray painted the two belt buckles silver and then I attached them to the belt. Easy!
See pictures below for the results!
The boots were a lucky find at DSW. The original boots I was going to get did not have the belt buckle that the ones I ended up with do but they work just as well with the buckle as with out.
That is basically the whole cosplay! And here are the finishing photos!
Photo by Fanboy Photos
I am also posing with 2DLogic in most of these pictures and I will be doing a write up on his cosplay as well!
Photo taken by Fanboy Photos
Photo taken by Fanboy Photos
Photo taken by Fanboy Photos
The weapons were made by 2DLogic Props! If you have any questions about the costume or the weapons, just leave me a comment or email me! Thank you 2DLogic for the weapons! And thank you for reading this blog!