Friday, August 19, 2011

Crimson Viper Cosplay

I did Crimson Viper from Super Street Fighter 4 for AWA 2010. The cosplay was basically a closet cosplay where my closet didn't contain any of the pieces of the costume except the boots!
This costume is probably one of my favorite ones.
The Shirt: I found in a store. It was originally gray. I covered it in an old white button up shirt and added a collar to it to make it correct for Viper.
The Tie: I found at the same store as the jacket and pants. I love that store!
The Jacket: I actually found out shopping once again. It was perfect the way it was.
The Pants: Slacks that I found at the same time as the jacket and tailored to fit like Viper's pants.
The Boots: A pair I had laying around in my closet. The bottom of the boots were already red and I just extended the red color around the heel like Viper's boots.
The Glasses: A pair of safety glasses that my boyfriend happened to have just laying around. We painted the bridge of the glasses.
The Gloves: A pair of black polyester gloves I had laying around. I cut the holes in the backs, then we used a silver sharpie to outline where the sliver should be and used a sliver paint marker for a raised look. Originally I was going to actually use something else for the metal parts on the gloves but I ran out of time.
The Hair: Possibly the most trying and difficult part of this costume. It is a combination of my hair (shoulder length) and braid in extensions. I am not fond of wigs, they never look quite right to me, so I decided to grow my hair out as much as I could before the con and do extensions. It ended up turning out really well. The extensions are by twos down the middle of the scalp and then pulled up and back with my hair into a classic french braid. Under the part of the braid on the top of the head is a thick piece of fabric pinned in so that the braid would be thicker to match the rest of it. Then TONS of gel and hairspray to maintain the look. Most of the shots taken are on the second day after I had already slept with the braid in. I'm amazed it lasted through the night! lol! My hair was literally like plastic once all the gel and hairspray had dried.
In total the costume took probably two months to finish.

I am going to add pictures in a bit.
This is the costume on cosplay.com
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/317482/

Found the pictures on my hard drive!
Here they are!
Crimson Viper Headshot
Crimson Viper
Crimson Viper Seismic Hammer
Crimson Viper Casual - Also a good shot of the hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment